Logistics Lead (Amsterdam)
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, AmsterdamWarehouse & Logistics
Hi, we are Swapfiets! 👋 The bicycle subscription where you are always assured of a working bicycle. Our mission? Making cities more livable and sustainable under the motto 'buy less, use more'.
Do you see a challenge instead of a problem? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then you are ready for the Swapfiets adventure!
For our Warehouse & Logistics team we are looking for a full time: Logistics Lead for Amsterdam.
Do you recognize yourself in this?
Swapfiets has bikes, lots of bikes. A large part of these bicycles is stored in our warehouses. If you have 1-3 years working experience, a background in Logistics and are looking for a good job in a fast-growing scale-up: then don't look any further! In this role you will become responsible for the Warehouses in Amsterdam (your working location), Utrecht and Haarlem.
Manage Logistics over 15,000 logistics actions per month (First deliveries, Drop-Offs, In/outbound, Exchanges and Bike Handling) with more than 15 logistics employees;
Drive operational excellence and improvement of stock accuracy, and logistics processes;
Drive flow optimization by solving logistics problems;
Advises Logistics manager on improvement of processes and business decisions from a local perspective;
Manage outbound loading of products and regional and local transportation between warehouses and stores in order to optimize stock levels and maximize the service levels;
Oversee external products' storage overflow locations and plans inbound and outbound transportation;
Ensure timely delivery of the right product SKUs to the right locations, including B2B bulk deliveries;
Plan the execution and contributes to the allocation decisions in order to deliver products to the target markets and customers (B2B and B2C);
Manage the minimum stock levels of spare parts warehouse region;
Organize ‘City Sweeps’ to recover missing bikes;
Organize stock counts and be the owner of product movement tracking data;
Being a back-up for central logistics processes such as intakes and distribution centre logistics.
1 - 3 years of relevant working experience
Background in supply chain/logistics;
Higher vocational working and thinking level;
Affinity with bikes, service and logistics;
Fluent in English and ideally Dutch.
What Swapfiets offers you:
- Your own Swapfiets (lend-lease) 🚲!;
- Lots of responsibility, challenging work, and friendly colleagues;
- Travel allowance (if you live more than 11 km away from the office, otherwise you’ll just use your Swapfiets, right.. 😎?);
- 37 holidays:
- We offer you a young dynamic environment;
- Good working atmosphere and nice colleagues;
- Good coffee!;
- Team buildings and BBQ’s.
You can now directly apply for this vacancy.
- As soon as we think: you've got what it takes to qualify for this position, our recruitment team will contact you to check some basic information and ask you about some of your previous successes related to the role.
- Next, you will be invited for a first job interview.
- All good? Then we will invite you to a second interview.
- Are you and Swapfiets still as enthusiastic at the end of the process? Then you will receive an offer to join the Swapfiets team!