Global PR & Communications Manager
We are Swapfiets; started in 2014, started scaling in 2017 and are currently active in nearly 70 cities, across 9 different countries. We are on a mission to lead the movement to more liveable cities across Europe. Currently we have over 220,000 members on a blue tire.
We are looking for a Global PR & Communications Manager based in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be part of the Consumer Direct team and get full responsibility for our global PR & Communications strategy, both internally as well as externally. You will work together with local PR teams to maximize the reach of our PR supporting our mission. You will also lead the internal communications strategy. You will work actively with the marketing team to maximize the impact of our marketing activities, often with an earned first approach.
It’s an exciting time to join our mission, having been voted the 10th fastest growing company by the Financial times and one of the most innovative companies by Forbes Magazine, and rapidly accelerating our product portfolio as well as our geographic footprint. We move fast, and we are all committed and excited about our mission.
- Leads the comprehensive PR strategy and create, activate and implement it across the 9 different countries we operate;
- Gives input to the overall brand strategy & provide clear challenge on the direction from a PR perspective;
- Manages our internal communications and ensure our colleagues are even more up to date then our press relations;
- Provides local markets with relevant media outlets and innovative PR strategies (across broadcast, print & digital channels) through compelling story ideas and clear messaging;
- Is responsible for all PR activities including corporate communication, crisis management and all internal communication channels;
- Concepts creatively awesome ideas and activations that bring out our mission to the world in a PR ingenious way to the outside world;
- Selects and steers external PR agencies across projects and activities;
- Identifies and shares key learnings, analytics, delivery against KPIs and best practice sharing across all markets;
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge on media trends, industry best practices and social media platform developments and opportunities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Higher vocational or academic working - and thinking level;
- 5 - 7 years’ industry and / or relevant work experience;
- Creative, dynamic and comfortable working in fast paced environments;
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and managerial level of strategic thinking;
- Senior experience in internal communication;
- Experience in PR communications, strategy and execution;
- Professional understanding of an ever-changing media landscape and advanced experience in project management;
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills and preferably 1 other languages (German, French, Danish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch/Flemish).