Freelance Junior Graphic Designer
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Amsterdam (HQ)Marketing
Are you ready for your Swapfiets adventure?
Hi, we are Swapfiets! 👋 The bicycle subscription where you are always assured of a working bicycle.
Our mission? Making cities more livable and sustainable under the motto 'buy less, use more'.
Do you see a challenge instead of a problem? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then you are ready for the Swapfiets adventure!
As a Freelance Junior Graphic Designer in our Creative Marketing Team at Amsterdam HQ, you’ll be responsible for helping out our Graphic Designer for conceptualising and developing design concepts, graphics and layouts.
You will work closely with printers, copywriters, our Graphic Designer and Social Media Manager, as well as Brand Managers, our performance marketing-team and any other brand stakeholders
You're experienced in the field of digital marketing, graphic design, web design, or media. You don’t think in terms of challenges but in opportunities and you aren’t afraid to push the boundaries with your creativity. You are also serious, proactive and reliable.
In this role, you will liaise with suppliers and service providers to ensure proofs are of good quality and in line with the production specifications;
- You will function as Creative Team alongside with the Graphic Designer, the Content Director, the Social Media Manager and the Creative Project Manager;
- You will execute smart designs together with the social media team for all our social channels, across multiple markets & platforms in accordance with our brand guidelines.
- You will have the opportunity to create designs that succeed across mediums, formats and all digital campaign types.
- You will also review designs for errors before printing or publishing them and present finalised ideas and concepts to the team and relevant stakeholders.
Next to this you bring/are able to:
- At least two years of experience in the field of graphic design in-house or at an agency;
- Proficiency in all of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign);
A good understanding of print and digital execution processes;
Meet challenging deadlines;
Present and back up your ideas well;
Proficiency or willingness to develop proficiency with video editing suites like Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects;
Estimate the time required to complete a job and provide quotes for clients;
Pay strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics;
Have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions;
You live in Amsterdam and are able to come to the office in Amsterdam around 2-3 days a week;
You are fluent in English (fluency in Dutch or any other European language is a plus);
What Swapfiets offers you
- Your own Swapfiets (lend-lease) 🚲!
- Lots of responsibility, challenging work, and friendly colleagues.
- Delicious lunch at the office for a small contribution.
- Flexibility in working from home and at our brand new (!) office at the Molukkenstraat.
You can now directly apply for this vacancy.
As soon as we think you've got what it takes to qualify for this position, our recruitment team will contact you to check some basic information and ask you about some of your previous successes related to the role.
Next, you will be invited for a first job interview with our Graphic Designer (Brittney). The second interview will be held by the Marketing Manager (Isabelle) and the Creative Project Manager (Therese).
Answer your questions
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Contact our recruiter Floris via email@example.com. We are not interested in working together with recruitment agencies.
Up for the challenge? Apply now!