Country Manager - UK
United Kingdom, London, City of, LondonOperations
Are you ready for your Swapfiets adventure?
Hi, we are Swapfiets! 👋 The bicycle subscription where you are always assured of a working bicycle.
Our mission? Making cities more livable and sustainable under the motto 'buy less, use more'.
Do you see a challenge instead of a problem? And are you ready for an acceleration in your career? Then you are ready for the Swapfiets adventure!
- You have full P&L responsibility, which includes being responsible for optimizing operational and financial performance and report on country specific performance to the General Manager for Central Europe, France & UK in Berlin;
- You will be responsible for and lead both operationally and strategically the development of Swapfiets in UK, while ensuring that the business is managed in line with the corporate strategy and values;
- You will ensure that we are ready for rapid growth, while keeping in mind the long-term goal of continuous growth an the profitability of Swapfiets UK;
- You lead the team of Store & Field - You will manage the performance of your team, facilitating the achievement of defined goals and objectives. To ensure a close collaboration with all local teams, you also provide guidance and perspective to the local Brand Manager, B2B Manager as well as Warehouse & Logistics team.
- You will be the link between the global teams in HQ, senior management and the local operations, regularly exchanging views on current challenges and strategies to overcome them always thriving for operational excellence;
- You will use both internal resources and your external network to leverage and overcome opportunities and challenges in the UK market.
- You have an excellent academic background and have already gained relevant experience, preferably in the mobility sector and in a scale up environment;
- You bring several years of experience (5+) in business development or similar and therefore have a strong understanding of the UK market
- Ideally you have experience in managing a business unit with full profit and loss responsibility an running a business to budget and delivering business objectives on time;
- Your leadership experience and excellent stakeholder management skills are reflected in your entrepreneurial thinking and leadership, acting as a team builder and always leading your team by example;
- Your employees and colleagues would describe you as a pragmatic hands-on personality, who independently masters both operational and strategic challenges;
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and possess great motivational and negotiation skills;
- Your English language skills are excellent, both in spoken and written