Country Manager - Denmark
Denmark, Hovedstaden, CopenhagenOperations
WE ARE SWAPFIETS!
We are Swapfiets - the first bike subscription worldwide. With our concept we are turning the bicycle world upside down. It all started as a start-up in Delft (Holland) with 40 used bicycles and now you can find us in more than 70 cities in 9 countries with our self-designed bicycles. How did we do it? With our one of a kind service - Celebrated by more than 270.000 happy Swapfiets members. But we want to achieve even more and for that we need you!
- You have full P&L responsibility, which includes being responsible for optimizing operational and financial performance and report on country specific performance to the General Manager for Central Europe, France & UK in Berlin;
- You will be responsible for and lead both operationally and strategically the development of Swapfiets in Denmark, while ensuring that the business is managed in line with the corporate strategy and values;
- You represent our brand as well as the legal entity in Denmark
- You will ensure that we continuously grow in Denmark and define the commercial plan accordingly; ensuring the profitability of Swapfiets Denmark
- You lead the team of Store & Field - You will manage the performance of your team, facilitating the achievement of defined goals and objectives. To ensure a close collaboration with all local teams, you also provide guidance and perspective to the local Brand Manager, B2B Manager as well as Warehouse & Logistics team.
- You will be the link between the global teams in HQ, senior management and the local operations, regularly exchanging views on current challenges and strategies to overcome them always thriving for operational excellence;
- You will use both internal resources and your external network to leverage and overcome opportunities and challenges in the Danish market.
- You have an excellent academic background and have already gained relevant experience, preferably in the mobility sector and in a scale up environment
- You bring several years of experience (5+) in business development or similar and therefore have a strong understanding of the the Danish market
- Ideally you have experience in managing a business unit with full profit and loss responsibility an running a business to budget and delivering business objectives on time
- Your leadership experience and excellent stakeholder management skills are reflected in your entrepreneurial thinking and leadership, acting as a team builder and always leading your team by example, also in times of change
- Your employees and colleagues would describe you as a pragmatic hands-on personality, who independently masters both operational and strategic challenges
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and possess great motivational and negotiation skills
- You have Danish skills on native level and your English language skills are excellent