Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Amsterdam (HQ)Tech
Want to turn the world of cycling upside down and take the digital experience of more than 240.000 members and our entire servicing squad to the highest level?
We are Swapfiets; started in 2014 and currently active in 70+ cities, across 9 different countries. At our HQ in Amsterdam, we work with around a hundred colleagues to offer the very best user experience to our customers, who in turn receive epic service from a team of 1500+ swappers and bike mechanics.
In this role, you will be part of the Engineering team; the heart of our operation. You will lead the backend development of solutions, improvements and following the best practices in alignment with the Tech Lead and helps others to perform better.
What are you going to do?
- Develop and improve product functionality, utilizing a multitude of technology stacks including C# (ASP.NET) and SQL;
- Provide day-to-day detailed programming and testing support of assigned systems in both problem-solving and project environments;
- Lead technical solution design and contribute to choice of frameworks for addressing business requirements;
- Lead outlining best development and testing practices, learn and coach on improving current setup and future implementations;
- Identify and implement improvements to the software development lifecycle within product by researching, utilizing, and maintaining modern agile toolsets;
- Provide development estimates outlining business and technical risks;
- Coach less experienced developers to a higher level, helping each other grow while improving timely, cost-effective and quality compliance delivery;
- Execute all assignments in a timely, cost-effective, and quality manner.
What Swapfiets offers you
Your own Swapfiets (lend-lease) 🚲!
32 vacation days (that’s right, next to 25 vacation days you can use your 7 Swap days as you please)
A solid pension plan and a discount on your health insurance
MacBook or a Windows laptop (what you prefer)
Lots of responsibility, challenging work, and friendly colleagues
Travel allowance (if you live more than 11 km away from the office, otherwise you’ll just use your Swapfiets, right.. 😎?)
Delicious lunch at the office for a small contribution
Onefit for Business arrangement (to promote your healthy lifestyle!)
Education budget in order to improve your skills & knowledge
Learning programs developed by our L&D department
Lots of workshops and inspirational talks
One day off per year to do voluntary work paid by Swapfiets
Flexibility in working from home/ at our brand new (!) office at the Molukkenstraat.
The Ideal candidate will have
- Expert knowledge of C#/.NET, .NET MVC, LINQ to SQL, and WebApi.
- Sufficient experience to leave your mark on a stable and secure cloud infrastructure and architecture, applying Kubernetes solutions e.g.
- The ability to encourage best development practices such as code reviews & testing, git, and branching strategies..
- Joy in giving demos, transferring knowledge, and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Plenty of courage: you are not afraid to show entrepreneurship and take responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A plus: Experience with Azure, .NET Core, Azure DevOps.
Are you ready to join a team with high ambitions?
We are growing fast internationally. With your help, we want to continue expanding. What we are most proud of is how much we have already achieved as a team. Our team (around 30 Developers, Testers, Designers, and Product Managers) is characterized by a positive and collaborative atmosphere, flexibility, and ownership. But also: lots of humor, after-work activities (bootcamp, climbing, cycling, hackathons), daily lunches, and Friday afternoon drinks. At Swapfiets you will not find any complex hierarchical structures. That means you will be able to grow your career quickly. Your final solutions will help make thousands of people’s daily commute stress-free and fun!
You can now directly apply for this vacancy.
- As soon as we think: you've got what it takes to qualify for this position, our recruitment team will contact you to check some basic information and ask you about some of your previous successes related to the role.
- Next, you will be introduced to our Engineering Manager and one of the Product Managers for a follow-up (face-face) interview.
- The second round is a technical interview with two Senior Engineers and/or Tech Lead.
- You will also get to meet one of our directors.
- Are you and Swapfiets still as enthusiastic at the end of the process? Then you will receive an offer to join the Swapfiets team!
Answer your questions
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Contact our recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not interested in working together with recruitment agencies.